Friday 7 August 2015

My MAC Must Haves


My MAC Must Haves 

Hello again! I decided to do a My MAC Must Haves for this blog post simply because these are my favorite posts to read! I love MAC it's where my obsession with makeup started and no matter what brands I move onto I'll always go back to MAC. Im like a kid in a candy store the minute I walk in there! I hope you enjoy this post, and sorry in advance for the terrible photo's I'm currently using my iPhone to capture these snaps!!


I'm going to start off with eyeshadows. Now I couldn't choose favorites with these. For me MAC eyeshadows are all amazing. They have every shade you can think off, every finish. They are all too die for. Basically all my MAC eyeshadows are in palette's I made myself! So instead of naming a few I thought id throw them all in and maybe at a later stage I could do an in depth post about them all individually. 



An extra two I just wanted to throw in because they are stunning are the MAC Pressed Pigments. I have a few of these and to be honest don't reach for them enough and I have no idea why because they are fab! They are a little more pricey than the regular shadows but they are stunning. These two shades are in 'Gilt By Association' & 'Light Touch'



'Gilt By Association' & 'Light Touch'


Speaking of pigments I had to include these next two. MAC 'Vanilla' & 'Tan' pigments. These are such must haves. Vanilla can be used as a highlight on the cupids bow, top of the cheek bones, under the brow, in the inner tear duct or another way I love using it is mix a bit in with my foundation to just give a stunning glow! With Tan I use it with a squirt of Fix Plus and it glides on stunningly onto the lid. It looks like you had spent hours doing your eyes when in reality its so effortless! These last forever and a little goes a very long way. If you're looking for something different 100% check these out! They come in so many different shades.


'Vanilla' & 'Tan'

Two eyeliners I had to throw in are MAC 'Coffee' and 'Feline', These are both pencil eyeliners and I love using them half way in on my waterline! Coffee is more of a hard pencil and it is exactly like a rich Coffee colour. Where as Feline is a waterproof super black liner. Feline is so stunning at night time with a smokey eye. 

MAC 'Coffee' & 'Feline' Eyeliners




Lastly on the topic of eyes is a product I have spoken about before. It is MAC 'Painterly' Paint pot. I first heard about this product a few years back from EssieButton on Youtube and in the video she couldn't say enough good things about this product, so when I saw it in person I was confused it similar to a foundation colour and I really didn't get the huge hype around it. Until I bought it, that is! I love this product It is a skin colour'd eyeshadow base, a little goes a long way. I just use my fingers to apply this on my lid and pop eyeshadow on top and it makes your eyeshadow last for daysss. Not that you would ever want it to last for days, but you get my drift! I also pop this on even when I'm wearing very light makeup and no eyeshadow just to even out the colour on my lids, hiding those blue veins and it just makes you look more awake! It honestly does not look like much but I love it and always notice a difference when I don't have it on!

'Painterly' Paint Pot


I think it's time to move onto face products. This product is my Holy Grail Foundation. I know not too many people like this foundation. I have tried to find one I love as much as this and after years of trying I still can't. I use to wear a super dark colour in my teen days but since decided to opt for one of the lightest shades for a more natural look instead of trying to look like I had applied muck to my face. Even when I am wearing self tan I will still use this shade but just bronze it up! It is heavy coverage and has broken me out a few times but it is worth it in my opinion. It looks so good in photo's, and it lasts forever. I would only really wear this at night time, I find it way to heavy for day time, not that it looks cakey or like wow look at her face but for day time I like a more natural dewy look. I wore this to my cousin's wedding back in April and didn't have to fix it once, it lasted all day and night. I have normal to dry skin and I haven't ever noticed it clinging to dry patches, but I have heard people with Oily Skin say they look like they had a stream down their face after a few hours of wear. My best advice is go in and get a sample pot and try it out! You won't regret it!


MAC Studio Fix Fluid NC15




The next product is also a face product, It is MAC Pro-Longwear concealer. Usually I find, products with massive hype around them don't ever live up to expectation. But, in this case this product 10000% does. I have spoken about it before and it's just great. Lovely concealer, doesn't crease under the eye, lasts a very long time, covers everything, easy to blend. I love the packaging I know not everyone does but I love a good pump with liquids. This concealer always does the job for me. Massive thumbs up time and time again.

MAC Pro-Longwear Concealer in NC15 




Next is two products I have already mentioned so Im not going to go into too much detail. They are MAC 'Strobe Cream' & 'Fix Plus'. These have become staples for me, I use Strobe cream as a base with either my foundation or primer! I know you can also pop it on over your foundation, I haven't been so brave to do that yet though! Fix Plus another fav of mine. This looks stunning when used with eyeshadows or even on a foundation brush pre application. One word FLAWLESS! Even to spritz it all over your face with or without makeup it's so hydrating and refreshing!

MAC Fix Plus & Strobe Cream

Sorry about the awful photography!!


Lastly with face products is my favorite items...Highlighters! My two MAC fav's have to be 'Soft and Gentle' Which is a mineralise skinfinish and 'Pearl' which is a cream base. Out of the two I have to say I prefer using Soft and Gentle it's a powder base instead of cream and I find it easier to use. In saying that Pearl is stunning for night time and makes you just glow! 


MAC 'Soft & Gentle'


MAC 'Pearl'



Lastly...Lips! I just love a good nude lip. It was very hard to narrow lipstick's down to my few favorites so I just went with my most used ones. The ones I chose were 'Angel', 'Modesty', 'Pink Plaid' and 'Brave' These are all quite similar, all have the pinky nude vibe. But I love them, I have to say my absolute favorite is 'Modesty' I'm on my second one now and I love it too much. I just think it look's good no matter what look im going for. While I'm on the topic, I may as well throw in liner's and I chose two that I go back to time and time again, one's a new purchases and one is a much older but still have so much love for them! MAC 'Spice' & 'Soar'. I originally 'needed' them after the whole Kylie Jenner lip saga. I am still waiting for MAC to collab with her...I mean I would say she put a massive dent in their sales the last year and a bit when she name dropped a few of her fav lipliner and lipstick from MAC to get her massive pout. Anyway enough about Kylie Jenner, these lipsticks and lipliners are so versatile and that's why I love them, I play it very safe with my lip's! Nude MAC lipliners are my weakness!

MAC 'Modesty', 'Brave', 'Angel', 'Pink Plaid'

MAC 'Modesty', 'Brave', 'Angel', 'Pink Plaid'

MAC 'Modesty', 'Brave', 'Angel', 'Pink Plaid'



MAC 'Spice' & 'Soar' Lipliner


Thank's so much for reading! Hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know what you would like to see next!

Until next time,


Niamh xx



No comments:

Post a Comment