Wednesday 5 August 2015

July Makeup Purchases

July Makeup Purchases


Hello Again! Before I went away I spent some money on a few bits I 'Needed'...More so wanted! They were bits id wanted for a while and had heard great things about so I went ahead and treated myself! 


My first stop was to Kiehl's on Grafton Street to buy the ever so popular Midnight Recovery Concentrate. I dont know what I was expecting from this product but I don't yet know if it was worth the money. I use it every night before bed, I apply it before my moisturiser, I pat it onto my face and allow it to dry. I haven't noticed any difference yet if i'm honest so im going to keep using it and see if there's any changes. I have to say it does smell and feel amazing when I apply it. But for the cost Id expect a lot more. I know you can pick up samples of it so if your looking to test it out, I would 100% recommend getting some samples and trying it out before you buy! 



My next stop was to Brown Thomas where I headed straight to MAC. For ages I have been trying to get my hands on Spice Lip liner and it's forever sold out, But I finally was able to get it so off course I did! It is a stunning deep nude liner and looks so good for a night out when your doing a Deep nude lip! I then tricked myself into getting MAC Global Glow. I have to say I am not to sure why I purchased this because I had only gotten MAC Soft & Gentle, and I just haven't been able to get the hang off using such a dark 'highlight' colour, It more bronzer with a shimmer! Its gorgeous but I needed to find the right way to wear it!














I have wanted to try Makeup Forever HD foundation since about 2 years ago! I finally went in and got it, I got mine in the shade N117. I love this shade there's no pink to it but it's not overly yellow. I have only used this a few times while I was away and it was still on my face through the hottest London heat and humidity. So this has a massive thumbs up from me.






This isn't really a Makeup Item its a Makeup Bag! I love love love Ted Baker and already have One Large and One small Makeup bag by them but really wanted one I could pop in my handbag so I bought this fab Black Patent one with a white bow. Again totally did not need it. But I love it and it fits so much!




As Im sure so many people do once pay day comes around...Internet shopping. I dont know what comes over me when I have money in my account I suddenly end up on websites and decide I need things I didn't even know I needed. 

My first online purchase was  Too Faced Cocoa Contour. Up until now I've always used either Nars Laguna or Benefit Hoola to contour. This is now my new holy grail product! It comes with 4 shades, A bronzer, A grey toned contour shade, a highlight and an under eye yellow toned powder. The contour shade is incredible. Its the perfect shade to get those Killer Kardashian cheek bones everyone wants! The bronzer is just a standard bronzer, I use this on a day to day basis for work just to add some dimension to my face, and the under eye yellow toned powder is perfect for setting under eye concealer and brightening up the eye area! The one thing is the highlight...Not a fan. I feel like its something you would find in a child's makeup set. Its chunky glitter and I couldn't imagine anyone using it to highlight. Other than that I love love love this palette. I bought mine on Debenhams online store for €38.00.








On to another Too Faced Item...The Too Faced Semi Sweet Chocolate bar palette. I already had the original Chocolate bar palette and have been trying for ages to get this and finally I found it on Ebay! I love this. At first I didn't think I liked it as much as the original but now after using it, Im obsessed. Its the original but better. This was expensive because I had to ship it over but so worth the money. I bought mine from BeautyBridge on Ebay.








My next purchase was from Net-A-Porter. This product can also be bought in Space NK but I was far to lazy to go back into town so settled on buying it online even though I was charged €15 P&P. It is The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette. These are stunning highlighting powders, I'm still unsure of the best way to use them so I need to give them a good bit of testing and see how I could make them work. They are very expensive so lets hope I can! They feel very luxurious and are such nice colours! Ill keep you posted and let you know what I think of them!







Since forever I have been using Benefit Brow Gel to tame my brows when they are crazzyyy! But lately I just haven't felt like they've been doing much at all, I don't know whether they changed the formula or what but It was no longer working. So I decided to get the Anastasia Beverly Hills brow gel, I bought this back in 2008 when I was in the states and I can just remember it was like super glue, Held my brows all day! And I remembered very right. This is amazing, it's a clear brow gel that sets your brows all day long. Its such a must for me whether I am wearing makeup or not! I bought mine on  
CultBeauty.co.uk and It came within a few days!




Last but not least is two little Travel sizes of MAC Strobe cream and MAC Fix Plus. I have heard everyone and their mother talk about this and said id buy two mini ones to test out! They were both €10 each and i bought mine on Brown Thomas.ie, I spray Fix plus on my foundation brush prior to applying my foundation and it just gives an airbrush effect and works as a setting spray, I also would just spritz myself with it during the day and it hydrates my face and i find it fixes my makeup if it's gone blotchy in any areas. Sounds very weird but its great! And with the Strobe Cream I add some to either my primer or foundation and an extra bit on the highest points of my face for a dewy natural finish. Definitely try them out, buy the mini versions and see what you think! Strobing is the newest trend and I am definitely jumping on the band waggon!!






Hope you enjoyed this July Makeup Purchases post!

Until next time,

Niamh xx

No comments:

Post a Comment