Wednesday 24 June 2015

Skin Care Routine

SkinCare Routine


I Spent so long never using anything bar makeup wipes to clean my face. Since I started finding what routine worked for me and what made my skin look its best, I haven't looked back. My makeup has applied so much better, my face looks better and my skin has been so much clearer!

My number one life saver is non other than the infamous Clarisonic Mia 2. 
This product is incredible, It's a sonic cleanser that cleans your skin 10 times deeper than a set of hands ever will. It's like an electric toothbrush but for your face! Before using this my skin was so dry and sensitive, I've now been using this twice a day for about 7 months and i've noticed a huge difference. For the first few weeks your skin does tend to break out, but not to worry it's just getting all the nasty gunk out and giving your a really deep clean. I bought my Clarisonic for €149.00, It is very pricey but it is very worth it. Do shop around though because I know there is cheaper versions on the market!



The cleansing product I use with my Clarisonic Is the Kiehl's Ultra facial cleanser, I was using an oil with the clarisonic when I first bought it, I then moved onto a cleansing balm and finally moved onto This facial cleanser. I do really like it, It does what it says on the tin. My skin never feels overly dry after using it and my skin always feels so clean after using it. Its foams a little bit when I use it with the clarisonic. I've tried it on its own before and I didn't think it did much. Although I like it, for the price I think there is probably better cleanser's on the market, which i'm yet to find. It retails for €18.00.


Once I have finished cleansing, I exfoliate. Instead of using a beaded exfoliator that is very harsh on your skin and in fact spreads bacteria, I opt for a chemical exfoliator. I recently started using the Pixi Glow Tonic. Its probably my favorite chemical exfoliator i've tried so far. It has 250ml worth of product, The smell isn't off putting and it's very refreshing and leaves your skin glowing! Id highly recommend it if you're searching for a good chemical exfoliator. I can fault the product except for it's not available in ireland as far as i know, the only way to get it is to order online and it can take a while. Other than that, if you can get your hands on it, it's a must have!! It retails for £18.00/€25.00



Now to my favourite step, Moisturiser! I can not tell you how many moisturisers I have tried and tested and I have finally found the one!! Hallelujah!! For so long i've gone from drugstore to highend and back again and I have found my new holy grail product. The Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief. For all the people out there with dry skin, how good does this sound? I can vouch for it and just say it is amazing. Its so hydrating and just makes my face feel like a babies bottom! Its such a must have. It will set you back €45.00 but it is so so worth it if you are on the hunt for an incredible moisturiser! A little goes a very long way and I don't tend to use products sparingly. Definitely give this one a try for yourself.


Last but not least for my everyday Skincare is a new favorite of mine and it's the Kiehl's Creamy Eye
Treatment with avocado. This is pretty self explanatory it is perfect for hydrating the under eye area, Its very thick and rich but it's so soothing and worth the money. This costs around €22.00 for the 14g pot.



Two little extras I wanted to add in which I don't use everyday but that I am currently Loving are,

The GlamGlow Supermud clearing treatment. Now this product is very pricey, but it is great. Its basically a detoxifying mask That de-clogs and minimises pore size and helps breakouts. Along with many other benefits. It's retails for €51.00. If you can even get your hands on a sample size do! Just give it a try if you're sick of unsightly blackheads and enlarged pores! 


And the last little extra I wanted to include, is everyone's favourite Micellar water! I love using this to remove eye makeup and lipstick and face makeup before I deep cleanse or even as a quick alternative if I dont have the time to be very efficient with my skin care. Its super cheap and great and so worth checking out. I've only tried the Garnier Micellar water but I am assuming they are all pretty similar! It is €4.19 in boots!




Hope you enjoyed my first blog post!

Niamh x





No comments:

Post a Comment