Saturday 27 June 2015

Charlotte Tilbury Product Review

Charlotte Tilbury Haul/Review 


I recently discovered Charlotte Tilbury products and needless to say Ive fallen in love. The products are quite pricey but 100% worth it. They are so long lasting, gorgeous on every skin tone and they don't have an over powering smell. The packaging is also beautiful with Rose gold being a staple colour on most of the products. You can go to a Charlotte Tilbury counter and buy a look. Each look has all the products that go perfect together and look good on every skin tone.

One of the first products from the range I tried was the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. This Product is the most expensive in the range, It costs €90 for a 50ml pot. I didn't actually buy the full size I got a few samples and tested them out over about a week. For those who don't know, Charlotte Tilbury has been in the beauty industry since forever and has worked with the best of the best, and over the years developed her own 'Magic Cream' for all the models whose skin had gone to pot after all the shows during fashion week. The models she used it on called it her magic cream as it did wonders for their skin. And so lo and behold Charlotte's Magic Cream. Its a very intensive moisturiser and leaves your skin very dewy and hydrated. If you have the €90 to spare it's a great buy!




Next thing I tried was the Light Wonder Foundation. With the magic cream underneath this foundation you can look a bit like Edward Cullen, not necessarily a bad thing! Your skin just looks very dewy and fresh. Like the name says, It is Light. It feels like you've nothing on your skin which is amazing. I find this great for days you want a very natural look. It could be built up to a medium coverage, with a thin layer on though it's very like a tinted moisturiser. It gives you a gorgeous complexion and it's so hydrating. It wasn't one of my favourites as I prefer a heavier foundation but for those who like light coverage it would be perfect! It comes in a wide variety of shades and It retails for €42.00.


Another purchase I made was the Cheek to Chic- Swish and Pop Blush in Ecstasy. There is two shades in this blush so you swish the brush around the outside blush and pop the middle colour on your cheeks. It is a very day to day colour. It applies beautifully and leaves a lovely glow! Worth checking out and there is a variety of shades to suit every skin tone! It costs €39.00.


To finish off the complexion side of the products is the very popular Filmstar Bronze and Glow. I adore this, its so compact and suites so many skin tones. There is a sculpt shade for getting those gorgeous cheekbones and to give the face a gorgeous sunkissed glow. There is also the highlight shade which is too die for, Its a champagne shade with flecks of gold throughout. It is so stunning on and its so worth the €65.00. Although it is not cheap it has everything you need to contour and highlight.
Next onto eyes! Im starting with the newest edition to the Charlotte Tilbury collection, Eyes to mesmerise. These little pots of joy are very similar to Mac paintpots. They can be used alone or under eyeshadow or as a base. These are great, very blendable and come in beautiful colours. The only downside to these is that there expiry date is 6 months after opening. For €25 you would hope for a bit more longevity but other then that they are great. The two shades i've tried and loved have been


Mona Lisa 




Marie Antoinette 

 


I am very excited about this next one, it is my absolute favorite and I cannot say enough good things about it. It is the luxury palettes. They are too die for!! There is 9 different palettes to choose from my two favorites have been 'The Dolce Vita' and 'The Vintage Vamp' palettes. Each palette contains four shades.
The prime shade,the enhance shade, the smoke shade and finally the pop shade. If you live near a Charlotte Tilbury counter please just go in and have a look at these, they are too die for. I have used these on people with all different skin tones and eye colours and they look incredible. They are €50.00 per palette. 

The Dolce Vita


The Vintage Vamp


Another product in the eyes range is the Feline Flick eyeliner. If you love winged eyeliner and find it difficult to achieve, this is your best friend. Its so black, so pigmented, doesn't budge and is SO easy to use. I love love love it and you can too for €29.00.



Full fat lashes is next, This is the only Mascara in the range. It costs €29.00. Its good, but If i'm honest it didn't change the way I do my makeup, I think there is so many mascaras out there that are half the price and do the same job. I wouldnt waste €29.00 on this again. It does the job but just not worth the money.



Last from the eyes range, is the brow lift Three-Way Shape, Lift & Shade Tool. This eyebrow pencil is slightly tapered to go along with the natural shape of your eyebrows. It also has an eyebrow brush and a highlighter included. It comes in 3 shades Grace K, Brooke S and Cara D. I've only had this a week so haven't really used it enough to decide whether I love it or not yet. First impressions are good but for now I still prefer using Mac Charcoal Brown eyeshadow with the Mac 208 angled brow brush to fill in my brows. This product eyebrow pencil is €30.00.


 Lastly is lips. I have 3 lips products, Lip cheat lip liner, K.I.S.S.I.N.G lipstick and Lip lustre lipgloss. The three products come in a huge array of shades. They are very long wearing and easy to apply. The colours I chose are what I like to wear during the day. They are the perfect nude shades!

Lip Cheat: Pillow Talk 

€22.00


K.I.S.S.I.N.G: Penelope Pink

€30.00



Lip Lustre: Seduction
€22.00





All in all I am loving Charlotte Tilbury and I can not wait for her to bring out new products so I can try them out! 

Hope you enjoyed my second blog post! And found it somewhat helpful :)

Niamh x







No comments:

Post a Comment