Wednesday 30 September 2015

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation Review

I have a mini review for a foundation I have been soooo excited to use. I am probably Charlotte Tilbury’s biggest fan and have tried nearly all of her products and have loved all of them. But….I hate even saying this, I was so disappointed. I bought this foundation in Shade 2 the day it came out on her website. It was €40.00 for the foundation and I got a few samples with it as well. I am queen full coverage, and this foundation is super full coverage. I love the colour as well, perfect shade not too pink not too yellow. It looks beautiful on the skin and if you have seen any of her Youtube videos about the foundation she says, it becomes one with the skin etc etc etc, and I do agree with her, it really does. BUT…

Actually before I tell you let me just inform you of the foundation's ‘purpose’ and why it was 5 years in the making, from the amazing Charlotte Tilbury herself.

My Magic Foundation is a miracle in a bottle that transforms skin for all ages, skin tones and skin types. I have worked with laboratories for five years to create a “hyper-intelligent” formula that gives full-coverage yet feels completely weightless, with all the anti-ageing and protective benefits of a luxury skin cream. It conceals imperfections, glides on like a dream, and literally feels like a second skin. Whether your skin needs just a bit of perfecting, or you struggle with a frustrating issue like acne, melasma or rosacea, my Magic Foundation will give you a perfect looking skin day, every day!
-Charlotte Tilbury


  I first applied this foundation with my Real Techniques buffing brush, it was WOEFUL. I had to remove it all. I started again using the Real Techniques expert face brush….Again horrendous. So then I tried a foundation brush, again….no chance of it working. Finally I settled on using the Blank Canvas F20 brush. I could finally apply it properly and it looked great, all but in one area. Around my nose….aka around my pores/blackheads. I honestly can’t even describe how awful it was. I just left it because I was running to work and I thought I could put some concealer over and it would be ok.

Over the next few days I tried with concealer and powder, with no powder just concealer, stop using my primer etc etc etc. Nothing I did worked. I have never been so self concious of my blackheads, everyone has them they aren't a massive big deal, but the way this foundation accentuated my pores around my nose area was just horrendous. They looked twice the size and I could literally have played join the dots. It just sat on top the whole day no matter what I did. I have resorted to just not putting any of this foundation near my nose or T zone area because it looks so bad. I do not know why it does this. I have never had this kind of problem before. If this has happened to anyone else please let me know!!

Besides from that, I actually really like the foundation. Which probably sounds a bit silly, but it lasts all day long and seems to stay in place everywhere else and also keeps my bronzer and blush in place all day. I just need to come to terms with not being able to apply it anywhere near the centre of my face and that it is hard enough to apply! Haha..! Sounds like a disaster, but if you can also work around all of the above, I am sure you will love it!!

Please let me know your thoughts on it if you have tried it!!

Until next time,

 Niamh  xx




No comments:

Post a Comment